My name is Rachel, I live in Birmingham, and I stay busy blogging at Grasping for Objectivity in my Subjective Life. I love blogging and getting to know other bloggers by reading their blogs. However, I have discovered a major gap in blog interaction: There is no blog networking site for Alabama!
Every day I am amazed when I run into another awesome Alabama blogger - you are innumerable, and I want to know you!
So I created this site. It will have a LONG way to grow, but you have to start somewhere, right?
Here are some of the things that I hope to accomplish at Alabama Bloggers:
- First and foremost, I see this as a place for Alabama bloggers to convene, meet like-minded bloggers, find blogging friends, be entertained, and ultimately be a centralized meeting place for all of us.
- There will be local interest posts, reviews of events, and opportunities to link up your blog posts on events and places around Alabama.
- You will have the opportunity to have your blog posts featured here, or even be a recurring contributor.
- There will be local contests and giveaways. Which, of course, means that if you have a local (or non-local) product, you can donate items to be featured and given away and benefit from the amazing the win/win/win of blog advertising!
- There is "The List", which groups all Alabama Bloggers that have joined the site by cities and regions in Alabama.
- And there will definitely be blogger meet-ups and parties!
You know, one of those uncomfortable, cheesy, "go around the room and introduce yourself" moments.
I'm going to put a Mister Linky on here to link up your blog to make visiting easy, but also be sure and leave a comment on this post and tell us about who you are .
I'll start us off:
As I said, I'm Rachel of Grasping for Objectivity in my Subjective Life. I post there at least once a day, but I also put my "seconds" on a blog called B-Sides. I also have a weekly column at 5 Minutes for Parenting called A Dose of Humor.
My main goal in blogging is to document our lives (and anything else that pops into my head) in the most entertaining, and hopefully even humorous, way possible.
Besides my blogging, I am 27 years old, a wife to my wonderful husband, and mother to a precious two year old daughter, Ali. I stay at home with her, but during her naptimes, work at home for two companies - doing accounting and human resources.
So now, please introduce yourself!! Also, please feel free to share any ideas you have for this site, any participation you would like to offer, or pretty much anything else!! I will need all of your help in turning this into the community that it has potential to be!
As you add your comments and linkies, I will add you to the "The List", which is grouped by area and available on the sidebar.
Also, PLEASE spread the word! Tweet, Blog, Facebook, Digg, Stumble, Kirtsy, whatever you use, let's get the word out that there's a new place for Alabama Bloggers to hang out!!
Be sure to visit the other bloggers who have introduced themselves - there's no better way to network than to reach out!
Also, please be sure to follow by clicking the button on the left, and subscribe if you use a reader. There will be much more going on here soon!
I look forward to visiting your blogs!