I have had the pleasure of working with Turner Publishing for a couple of giveaways on my own blog, and they are top notch. Their books are so classy, so well done, so ENGAGING. So when I was thinking about what giveaway would best personify the beginning of Alabama Bloggers, they were the first company that crossed my mind.
I'm not usually a history buff by any stretch, but the moment I opened up Historic Photos of Birmingham, I couldn't put it down until I had looked at every picture and read every caption in the entire book. My husband had the same exact response. There's just something completely magical about seeing 100+ year old photos of your own city - it gives me such a yearning to experience life at that time.
Well, experience it for an hour or so.
Then I want my computer, cell phone, car with air conditioning, and the social freedom to wear blue jeans back.
However, the books are FASCINATING. The timelines. . . seeing things change before your eyes. . .seeing the phases of history that our state went through. . . seeing what my city looked like when my grandparents were teenagers, then when my parents were teenagers. . . seeing all of the crazy men in 5 piece suits and top hats and ladies in 10 feet-in-diameter dresses and hats in the dead heat of Alabama Summer. . . the experience is simply indescribable.
So, the fine folks at Turner Publishing have given me THREE books to give away to you!! They are each valued at $40, and these books are pure artwork.
1. Historic Photos of Birmingham
2. Historic Photos of Mobile
3. Historic Photos of HuntsvilleIf you're not from one of these three cities, this is an extensive series - they also have similar books on quite a few other cities. Check to see if your city is on the list here.
To enter to win one of these three books, comment on this post. Somewhere in your comment, let me know which book you would prefer if you were a winner. I can't make any guarantees, but I will try to match up the winners with their preferred book.
You may have extra entries for each of the following items:
1. If you are a follower of Alabama Bloggers
2. If you subscribe to the feed of Alabama Bloggers
3. If you follow @AlabamaBloggers on Twitter
4. If you Tweet about this contest
5. If you blog about this contest and Alabama Bloggers
6. If you put the Alabama Bloggers button on your blog
BE SURE TO WRITE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH OF YOUR ENTRIES.
This contest will be open until Monday, June 8th. The three winners will be chosen randomly and announced on Tuesday, June 9th.